World Clock

Friday, February 01, 2008

Weather Report

post #213

Finally arrived at office
. It was quite a struggle to get here. That's an amazing thing in Jakarta. If rain fell hard and long, flood was a sure thing. Flood caused heavy traffic jam. The rain that has been falling from last nite (it's still raining in some parts of Jakarta) has caused lots of protocol road in Jakarta flooded.

Went to office today thinking it's just a drizzle. Wore my raincoat and rode Elisha. The first sign of bad traffic jam was in front of Artha Gadink Mall. Traffic was more congested than usual. Then in front of AHM - Cempaka Mas, the left side of the road was flooded, thus vehicles were struggling to get on the right side, causing the jam became worse.

I managed to safely pass that area, but when I reached the fly over, another congestion had awaited me. And.........it was caused by a deeper flood...Ermmmm..I was speechless
I had this doubt. Should I force my way, or turn back. I decided to..banzaiiii.....I made my way to the busway (which was slightly higher) safely then continued my journey to office. That busway had it's advantage afterall. Or maybe because of the busway, the flood was worse than last year since some space had been taken?

Continuing to Pramuka road, rain was still falling....hard. At least the road was clear, no flood and no congestion. After an hour and half, I arrived at office. But my struggle was not over yet. The rain was still falling hard. Again since I didn't like to wait. I ran from the motorcycle parking lot to the building. A little drenched, but arrived safely.

I'm watching Metro News at the moment...the condition isn't getting better. Ermmmm... I have to wait and hope it'll get better in the afternoon so I can go home. Now...I'm gonna eat my lunch...over and out.

0 Comments:

 

© 2005 - 2008 Divine Distinction. All rights reserved.