World Clock

Friday, September 10, 2010

Evening Trip Down Memory Lane

post #413

Writing another entry again this evening (finally) with Madonna's Dear Jessie accompanying me. Heard this song yesterday on Sonora, after so long. It brought up fond memories and feelings. Some memories that I couldn't remember in details, but the feeling it resurrected was....comforting. I like the song. It's a very good song for my child someday :D

Memories...are designed to fade. Just like what I had written, I might not remember all the details of an important event in my life, but I surely remember how it felt. This is also strengthen by the association with other elements during that particular event, i.e. song, place, scent. My senses created a bond with the particular event, hence when I hear, smell, see some element which is the same or resembles, my mind is triggered to 'download' that memory.

Well, this holiday season was different with the last two years. Usually at this holiday time of the year, I'd be in Melbourne, visiting my sister. But not this year. I had already visited her back in March (and played with my gorgeous nephew). I do the usual routine I had done years ago, helping my mom. When I was in store today, I heard songs from Ronan Keating - Life is A Rollercoaster, then Westlife - If I Let You Go.

Boy, these songs went way back. Being there also reminded me of myself, 11 years ago. Similar situation. But at that time it was Backstreet Boys - I Want It That Way and Boyzone - All That I Need. Eleven years. I was very young, naive, inexperienced about life. This week has been a reminiscing week. After the Lion's Lunch at Bandar Jakarta, the next day we had lunch at Kopi Tiam. Then on Wednesday we met up again, with David this time, unfortunately Bowo couldn't come. But there's something different, we brought our bf/gf this time. Looking back two years ago, I don't think we'd ever thought that the day would come so fast. The days when the four of us had Sunday Date...hanging around, watching movies, singing at NAV, eating....those are fond memories that will be carved forever in my mind and heart. We ended up our kongkow session with the classic, karaoke at NAV.

I also started to watch Smallville again. I watched season 9. The storyline was...not too far away. I still could catch up though I haven't watched it since season 4 (or 5). Well, no more Lana and Lex, I found it not as appealing as it had been. But I heard from my friend that season 10 (which started this September 2010) will be the last. I thought to myself, finally. It's a final season which is very long overdue. Nine years ago I'd NEVER miss Smallville. Still fresh in my mind how hard it was to get the season 1 DVDs. Kristin Laura Kreuk mesmerized me so badly. But as time went by, we grew apart (now I sound like a drama king...lolllzz).

There were so many images, thoughts, flashbacks running through my mind these last few days. All of them reminded me of times in my life which bring a smile on my face each time I reminisce. I guess it's good to take a trip down memory lane some times. Consider it as a chicken soul for the soul. It's a good way to reflect who I was, what I have become, have I grown, have I become better, what lessons in life I have learned since then..etc... These are then questions we can ask ourselves during the trip. And at the end of it, we may find ourselves rejuvenated, re-motivated, but unfortunately not younger :D


Madonna - Dear Jessie


Baby face don't grow so fast
Make a special wish that will always last
Rub this magic lantern
He will make your dreams come true for you

Ride the rainbow to the other side
Catch a falling star and then take a ride
To the river that sings and the clover that
Brings good luck to you, it's all true

Chorus:

Pink elephants and lemonade, dear Jessie
Hear the laughter running through the love parade
Candy kisses and a sunny day, dear Jessie
See the roses raining on the love parade

If the land of make believe
Is inside your heart it will never leave
There's a golden gate where the fairies all wait
And dancing moons, for you

Close your eyes and you'll be there
Where the mermaids sing as they comb their hair
Like a fountain of gold you can never grow old
Where dreams are made, your love parade

(chorus)

Your dreams are made inside the love parade
It's a holiday inside the love parade

On the merry-go-round of lovers and white turtle doves
Leprechauns floating by, this is your lullaby
Sugarplum fingertips kissing your honey lips
Close your eyes sleepy head, is it time for your bed
Never forget what I said, hang on you're already there

Close your eyes and you'll be there
Where the mermaids sing as they comb their hair
Like a fountain of gold you can never grow old
Where dreams are made, your love parade

(chorus)

Your dreams are made inside the love parade
It's a holiday inside the love parade

0 Comments:

 

© 2005 - 2008 Divine Distinction. All rights reserved.